Saturday, March 15, 2014

What Is The Testimony Of Your Salvation If You Were Truly Saved?

What Is The Testimony Of Your Salvation If You Were Truly Saved?

Text: Galatians 5:24 “And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”
Romans 6:4 “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

When I newly gave my life to Jesus Christ by repenting from my sins and confessing all of them in the early 90s, I was very zealous for LORD, vibrant and committed to serving the LORD in spirit and in truth John 4:23-24. To the best of my understanding then as a young Christian, studying the bible was a delight and listening to pastors preaching the word of God was with joy and true happiness in my heart, though I was not conversant with the issue of pastors not preaching the whole truth of the word of God.

All my interests by then were to hear the word of God and obey it whether it was preached in truth or not. No wonder Paul says in Romans 10:2 “For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.” I was truly zealous for the LORD but without knowledge hence it is easy for anybody to become very familiar with the teachings and doctrines of their pastors today but will never get to know the whole truth of the bible, as they are not well taught and grounded in it. This is why the bible enjoined us to “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” 2 Timothy 2:15.

Therefore, for every professing Christian today who has no form of difference(s) or separations from his/her previous lifestyle when he/she was in sin without the knowledge of Jesus Christ, it means that such a supposed Christian is playing a ‘religious card’ and never a Christian. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” Likewise, Galatians 6:15 “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.” So, you can see that anyone not yielding to the true messages of the total bible today is none of Christ Romans 8:9, and he/she is still walking in carnality and in flesh Romans 8:7, Galatians 5:16.

However, when I backslided from the faith, though still in the church and still very much active in church activities to some extent, I was now picking offence within me whenever I hear sound biblical teachings. This was the evidence that proved to me then that I have backslided as I was no longer happy to hear the word of God again and reading even the bible became a tough thing. In my inner mind, I was always saying that ‘this pastor is preaching against me’ whenever my conscience gripped me as such a pastor will be preaching concerning my sins in his/her sermon. I started keeping girlfriends, a thing I never did when I was still in the world. But, I was still saying my prayers, not knowing that God does not hear the prayers of a sinner John 9:31. Thank you LORD Jesus, for saving my soul from hell fire.

Now, if you are the type of Christian that always says ‘judge not’, ‘we are not under the law’, ‘we are under grace’ and so on and so forth whenever the word of God is preached to you in its raw form, just know that you are not a Christian at all. You are just a church goer hence 2 Timothy 3:5 says “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” You see, you are surely having a form of godliness but you have never encountered Christ at all. Friend, you are in great danger in this state. 2 Timothy 4:3 “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”

If you claimed to be a Christian and there is no evidence of 2 Corinthians 5:17 in your life, where then lies your so called Christianity? How can you call yourself a Christian and yet, your wardrobe, speech, actions, likes and the rest are not changed? My dear friend, is it possible for a white cloth to be stained and yet not seen by people? If you are truly saved, everything about you must change to the glory of God the Father.

When Apostle Paul was battling between the sin of compromise and obedience to God, he cried out to the Almighty God to help him overcome those sins by even calling himself a ‘wretched man’ (miserable man). Romans 7:14 “For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.”

But today, the case we have in the churches is where supposed Christians are very comfortable in their sins. Their pastors have so make them very comfortable in their sins that even though they come to church with witchcraft finger nails, mosquito eye lashes, jezebel face and mouth, Delilah eyes lids, prostitutes clothing, medusa hairdo, and decorating themselves with all kinds of idols, their conscience will never condemn them. This is the sorry state the church of Christ has found herself today. They are very active in their religious activities, giving the best offerings, very punctual and attentive to follow their pastor’s instructions 100% without fail. Zeal without knowledge indeed!

If you find yourself in the above category, please you need to surrender your life afresh to Jesus Christ right now because, if you die like this, you will surely make it to hell fire. I pray this will not be your portion today in Jesus name. Amen.

Friend, the bible declared in Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” If you have truly been quickened by the word of God, you will not keep doing the things you are doing now. If you are truly born again, you will not see other Christians preaching to you about your dressing and conduct and then pick offence. If you had been regenerated in your spirit man, brethren you will love holiness, walk in holiness and live in holiness inside and outside Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23. It is my prayer today that you will receive the grace to truly repent, obey and follow God in truth in Jesus name. Amen.

To bring this message to a close, Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:27 “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” Have you truly submit yourself unto the LORD? Is Christ truly your Master? Are you very confident that should a car hit you right now and you die, that you will make heaven? With the use of rings, jewelries, attachment, weaveon, make-up, seductive clothes, women wearing trousers, and other satanic instrument on your body, are you sure God will ever accept you into His holy kingdom with these?

Please, don’t deceive yourself at all. Surrender your life to Jesus Christ now and escape the damnation of hell fire. Do not allow your obedience to the words of your pastor deceive you about making heaven, even though heaven have no record of your obedience to the word of God. Your tithes, offerings, thanksgiving, vows, sowing seed, prayers, evangelism, winning souls, partnering with your church/pastor, having the biggest congregation, being the best preacher of the bible, and others good stuff you are doing for the LORD, will never take you to heaven when you still have the materials of sin and Satan with you and in your body.

All of these things you are doing are just ‘religious practices’ and will amount to mere sacrifices when you fail to obey the word of God, as the LORD demands total obedience to Him from you. 1 Samuel 15:22 “And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.”
Isaiah 1:10-20
1 “Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah. 11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. 12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? 13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. 14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them. 15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. 16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: 20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.”
Ecclesiastes 5: 1 “Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.”
Hosea 6:6 “For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.”
Hebrews 10:6 “In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.”
Mark 12: 33 “And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
Jeremiah 7: 22 “For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: 23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.”

The conclusion of the whole matter the bible says to ‘fear God and keep His commandments.’ Ecclesiastes 12:13 “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”

Repent now before it is too late. God bless you.

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment