IS FOOTBALL SATANIC AND NOT OF GOD? WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT IT? (Part 1)
By: Dr. Odunuga Oluseyi Rmmanuel, on BBM
Football is a game of strife, it is a competition. The struggle for supremacy is the goal of every sport. To strife for supremacy or to gain earthly reward is the aim of Football. Dictionary.reference.com defines strife as one of the following,"
1. vigorous or bitter conflict, discord, or antagonism.
2. A quarrel, struggle, or clash.
3. competition or rivalry."
To Strife is not an individualistic thing. It involves You and another person or group of persons. It is being in competition or rivalry with another person. Therefore, to strife is to be in competition. The spirit of Strife is the spirit of Competition.
1. What does the Bible say about strife? "For where envying and STRIFE is, there is confusion (tumult or unquitetness) and every evil work." James 3:16. Strife brings envy, confusion and breed every evil works.
2. Does football has the same characteristics? Football breeds anger, envying against opponents, confusion, it breeds every evil works in the football stadium. People kill themselves for Football. Most Christians sacrificed 2 hours for football and can't sit to study and pray for even 30 minutes.
3. Is Strife Devilish or Demonic in nature? "But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, DEVILISH." James 3:14, 15.
4. Is football then Demonic and devilish? Yes it is and it is not from God. In football, to dominate is the order of the day. Team will want to dominate other people and in doing so, strife exist. God said, "Let nothing be done through strife or Vainglory." Phil 2:3.
5. Is there any sport man who goes into football or sport to lose? I have not seen any man. No one will go into sport to lose. To win, you must strife and be envious and do all evil works to win. All seeks to win, and through strife, seek to make others lose.
WATCH OUT FOR PART TWO.