Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Make That restitution now!!!

Make That restitution now!!!

Text: Matthew 5: 23-24
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

RESTITUTION IS :-
1. A process of compensation for losses.
2. The act of making good or compensating for loss or injury.
3. A return or restoration to a previous condition or position.

There’s no grammar to be blown before the layman in the street understand what restitution is all about. As a Christian who is conscious of spending eternity in heaven, you must realize that restitution is one of the pillars of Christianity which must never be joked with at all. Although it is often easier to saying it than actually putting it to practice, we must try all our possible best to ensure we do it as this will truly deny us the kingdom of heaven should we fail to do it.

There are a lot of things that can be restituted in as much as these things were done erroneously in the past, and why you were yet in your sins. Therefore, whether it is marriage, properties, money, children, furniture, clothing, cooking utensils, jobs, credentials, positions, judgment, certificates, electronics, mattresses, phones, laptops, shoes, landed properties, office equipment, lies, forgeries etc, you must make sure that nothing whatsoever is standing between you and heaven. Please, don’t joke with this even if your current hypocritical pastors are telling you ‘it doesn’t matter’. It matter please child of God. Why not better prepare to suffer shame, reproach and disgrace from men now, than to die and find yourself in hell fire for eternity for your failure to make restitution!
Now, although you have to seek godly counsel and pray for the Holy Spirit to lead you while on the process of making your restitution, you have to be wise and gentle in your approach. May God give you the grace to restitute your ways back to Him so that heaven will be your portion in Jesus name. Amen.

HERE MY OWN STORY SHORT STORY
About six (6) years ago, I committed a sin which I just restituted last week Friday, 27th December, 2013.
I had gone to make a phone call at a phone vendor shop one evening. Hanged on his umbrella stand were used recharge cards of various network and denominations. Therefore, I began checking these used cards until I saw this unused Glo  Nigeria N500 recharge card. I unpinned it from the umbrella, scrashed it and loaded it to my phone and behold, my phone account was credited with N500. However, I never told this call centre operator what I just discovered and with that, I left home for the night.

Meanwhile, I knew right there that what I did was wrong without informing the call operator about my discovery. Although my conscience pricked me right there but I never gave any thought. After all, I didn’t stole it was the message in my conscience, whereas it was pure stealing I just performed.
About a year latter or so, I relocated from that environment though I do still go through the area. Sometimes later, this same operator relocated to another place, until recently when he now came to the same area with mine and started doing his business again. He is a Muslim and since we knew ourselves for a long time, we were used to each other. I do buy recharge cards from him sometimes too.
But, the consciousness of my earlier sin I committed against him was always fresh in my memory, despite the fact that I never made up my mind to talk about it with him. So, after knowing Christ in true holiness, I told myself that I must restitute my ways to this brother. Since then, I have been postponing it until I said no, this just have to stop by all means possible.

While on my way back from work that last Friday evening, I had just passed his shop and my mind said ‘why can’t you just pay now that you have some money with you’. I almost postponed it again but, I decided to do the necessary. I turned back to his shop and I met him praying. I waited until he finished his prayers and then approached him. There were a lot of people waiting on him at the particular time wanting to collect their phone batteries he is charging on business ground.
I waited until there were less people around and I told him how I had seen an unused Glo recharged card of the value of N500 in his former business place. I told him I was very sorry and asked him to forgive me for my actions that my Christian position could no longer take it any more hence my coming. I put my hands in my pocket and gave him the N500. He thanked me and I left. I now have peace of mind by the grace of God.

You see, now I have total peace within me. Don’t say your situation is worse than this and therefore, you will not restitute your ways. Please, try now and you will surely have peace with God and with man and with yourself. It is my prayer that your attempts to restitute your ways back to God will get divine favour and accelerated rewards in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you as you restitute now!!!

Shalom!


No comments:

Post a Comment