Sunday, August 3, 2014

Should I Still Forgive Him??

Should I Still Forgive Him?

Luke 6: 37 “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: FORGIVE, AND YE SHALL BE FORGIVEN."

Dealing with the issue of forgiveness requires divine assistance, as it is easier said than done. This is because one can actually forgive as a human but the memory of the injury caused that you just forgave the perpetrator is always refresh in your memory and only at death will this be forgotten.
To further bring to the fore the divine assistance needed for a true and total forgiveness to stand, you often hear people say “To err is human, to forgive is divine.” This is in the realization of the fact that “there is no man which sinneth not” 2 Chronicles 6:36. But as dear children of GOD, we are commanded to forgive all the people that wrong us if we ourselves will ever obtain forgiveness from GOD for all our sins and wickedness Mark 11:25-26.

You may never be able to forget the impact of the damages done you by the person you just forgave, but true and total forgiveness demands that you never again remind this same person of his past actions against you no matter the gravity of the offence, even in the face of new onslaught meted out against you by him. This may sound impossibility but with GOD all things are possible Mark 10:27. Any time you therefore remind somebody of his/her past offence he committed against in the past; it means that you merely told the fellow that you forgave him but you actually never done so. Putting all things done against you in the past behind you is a mark of true Christianity Hebrews 12:2. Forgive now if you too want forgiveness from GOD.
To therefore truly forgive, we must be like GOD. In Psalms 103:12, the Bible says “As far as the east is from the west, SO FAR HATH HE (GOD) REMOVED OUR TRANSGRESSIONS FROM US.” Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, AND WILL NOT REMEMBER THY SINS.” Jeremiah 50:20 “In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, THE INIQUITY OF ISRAEL (any true believer in CHRIST JUSUS) SHALL BE SOUGHT FOR, AND THERE SHALL BE NONE; AND THE SINS OF JUDAH, AND THEY SHALL NOT BE FOUND: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.” Isaiah 44:22 “I HAVE BLOTTED OUT, AS A THICK CLOUD, THY TRANSGRESSIONS, AND, AS A CLOUD, THY SINS: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.” Jeremiah 31:34 “And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: FOR I WILL FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SIN NO MORE.”

SHOULD I STILL FORGIVE HIM???
Sir, this man raped me on my way from fellowship and now, he is asking me for forgiveness after destroying my dignity as a woman. Should I still forgive?

Sir, this man that married me constantly raped me in our matrimonial home because he always uses violence to have sexual intercourse with me, even to the point of threatening of killing me if I don’t allow him to have his way even when I am very sick. And now he is asking me to forgive him of his animalistic behaviours against me. Should I ever forgive him?

Sir, this man confesses to have raped our two years old daughter which led to her death, and now he is begging us to forgive him. Should we ever forgive this wicked man of his wickedness against our family? Sir, he better rot in hell!

Sir, this family member of mine confessed that our only child whom he joined us searching for when he got missing, was used for money rituals by him, and now he is shedding crocodile tears asking us to forgive him. Should we ever forgive this man?

Sir, you don’t really under what this fellow did to me. Look, I introduced her to my husband as my best friend, and she in turn snatched my husband away from me living me in sorrow, pains, misery, and trauma and in fact, I almost ran mad. Today she claimed to be a born again Christian and asking me to forgive her. Tell me sir, why should I ever forgive this wicked soul?

Sir, my own lecturer insisted that he must have sexual intercourse with me if I must pass his course, which led to the destruction of my virginity. Today he is seeking for forgiveness from me as he claimed he has repented. Sir, do you think this man deserves my forgiveness?

Sir, this my own blood brother ganged up with some people and they came to rub us as armed robbers. In the process, my wife was raped by him and his other five gangsters in my very eyes, which later resulted in a psychological depression of my wife and unfortunately, I lost her to the cold hands of death. Today, this shameless brother that puts me in a widower temple is asking me to forgive. Sir, do you think I can ever forgive him?

Sir, this wicked witch who called me her own daughter (she is actually my mother) confessed that she is responsible for the deaths of all my four children, through the spirit and manipulations of witchcraft that caused me to be seen as a barren woman now. Sir, she is today claiming to be a born again Christian and now wanting me to forgive her. Should I ever forgive this wicked mother of mine?

Ha! Sir, if only you were there to witnessed what this wicked soul did to me. He became jealous of my prosperity and looked for every avenue to bring me down. Sir, he succeeded. He succeeded in ruining my life, when he sets my company that costs me ten million dollars (N1.5b) to build on fire. Sir, he is now begging me to forgive him after pouring hot coal and pepper on my eyes, without ever considering whether I may die in the process. Ha! I will never forgive him. Should I ever forgive him? Never!

Sir, my employer drugged me in order to have canal knowledge of me, as I have always turned his ovations down by letting him know that I was a faithful Christian to GOD. Now that he has succeeded to have sexual knowledge with me, he then fired me from being a staff of his organization which then rendered me jobless for years. Today, he is begging me to forgive him. Sir, should I ever forgive this devil called man?

You won’t understand sir. This man asked me to always abort all my pregnancies for him when we were sin partners and love peddlers. In the process, my womb got damaged and I can never have children of my own again except by divine intervention. He later dumped me and got married to another woman who now has children for him, while I am now left in the cold with childlessness as a result of his ideas and suggestions. Sir, this man who is responsible for my childlessness is asking me to forgive him. Do you think I can ever forgive him?

Sir, my own son rapped me using the sexual affairs he had with me as a sacrifice for his money rituals. Now he is begging me for forgiveness. Sir, how do you think I can ever forgive him?

Sir, I am a HIV infected person today because of her. I always told her that since we weren’t married, we should always protect ourselves against pregnancies and diseases. But she insisted that if I truly loved her as I always whispered to her, why should I be afraid of having unprotected sexual intercourse with her? I succumbed because she threatened to back out of our sinful affairs, without knowing that she had a different thing in her mind and that was to infect me with her HIV virus. Today I am positive to HIV virus because of her. Sir, she has ruined my life! Should I ever forgive her?

Several unpalatable and unprintable evil have been performed against you one way or the other; and looking back to those awful situation is like going to the grave so that its shadows should be forgotten forever. The agony and pains of those dark periods in your life may never ever go away till you leave this earth, but as a real Christian today, you have no excuse than to forgive all the people that ever wronged you whether they are alive or dead. If they are still alive and they’ve refused to accept responsibilities for their wickedness against you thereby asking for your forgiveness, you have to call them, write them or go to them to tell them “I forgive you of the entire wicked things you did against me from the dept of my heart."
This is to demonstrate the teaching of JESUS CHRIST in Matthew 5:23-24 saying "Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, AND THERE REMEMBEREST THAT THY BROTHER HATH OUGHT AGAINST THEE; 24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift." This action is against some people's opinion that 'it is the person that wronged you that should always comes to you for forgiveness' not you going to the person.
In the Christendom however, you must be ready to play the 'fool' because of your heaven seeking goals. In addition, you should remember that CHRIST died for you when you were not deserving His pardon Romans 5:8.

The love that GOD demonstrated to the world costs Him His Only Begotten Son John 3:16. So what do you think you cannot give up for the sake of obtaining forgiveness from GOD? Are you ready to forgive that fellow now? Please go ahead and do it for your PEACE and eternal salvation of your soul.

When Stephen was about to die, he prayed for his killers declaring “Lord, lay not this sin to their charge.” Acts 7:60. The same thing Our Master, JESUS CHRIST did on the cross when He declared “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34. These are practical examples you can learn from today in order for you to sincerely forgive people of their wrong against you. If you are a heaven candidate, you must have the mind of CHRIST Philippians 2:5.

Hebrews 12:14 says “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.”
There’s no way you can be at peace with someone you’ve refused to forgive his/her wrong against you. Peace can never be achieved in the atmosphere of confrontations. The Bible says “Can two work together except they?” Amos 3:3. Brethren you cannot make heaven without forgiving those that wronged you. You need to forgive first before you will be forgiven.
You can’t claim to be a holy vessel unto the LORD and yet, unforgiveness is reigning supreme in your life? How possible is this claim of yours?

When JESUS CHRIST Our LORD was teaching His disciples how to pray, one of the requirements for our prayers to be answered was to forgive others before we can obtain forgiveness from GOD. Luke 11:4 “AND FORGIVE US OUR SINS; FOR WE ALSO FORGIVE EVERY ONE THAT IS INDEBTED TO US. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.”
Dear friend, there’s no two ways about this and you surely have no excuse for your refusal to forgive. This is because we ourselves have redemption today and the forgiveness of our sins through the blood of JESUS CHRIST that was shed for us Colossians 1:14.

However should you be very interested to make it to hell fire at your death then, you can keep on harbouring that unforgiveness in your heart. In fact, you can keep on saying ‘over your dead body’ will you forgive the people that wronged you. You can’t escape hell fire if you fail to forgive men their trespasses against you Hebrews 2:3.
Remember if you die now in your unforgiveness and make hell fire, you will repent and forgive all your offenders there but it will be certainly too late. Please forgive men their trespasses against you now so that GOD Almighty will forgive your trespasses also, and escape the damnation of hell fire in the process.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
GOD bless you all.
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment