Sunday, April 5, 2015

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE

Numbers 11:29 "And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD's people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!"

The office of a prophet is ordained by GOD. 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues." Hence the Bible says we should not despise prophesyings 1 Thessalonians 5:20. However, a prophet must speak according to the utterances given to him by the HOLY SPIRIT. He must not mistaken his own thoughts as the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT in regards to making claims and even boasting of such claims because if it fails to come to pass, then GOD was never involved in the first place.

Deuteronomy 18:18 "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. 20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. 21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

Jeremiah 23:16 "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you. 18 For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it? 21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. 22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings. 25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed. 26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; 27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal. 28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD. 30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour. 31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith. 32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD. 33 And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest, shall ask thee, saying, What is the burden of the LORD? thou shalt then say unto them, What burden? I will even forsake you, saith the LORD. 34 And as for the prophet, and the priest, and the people, that shall say, The burden of the LORD, I will even punish that man and his house."

In Matthew 19:26, the scripture reads "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Here, it was clearly stated by JESUS CHRIST that ALL THINGS are possible with GOD.

Also, in Luke 1:37, the angel Gabriel affirmed unto Mary declaring "For with God nothing shall be impossible." NOTHING shall be impossible means nothing shall be impossible for GOD to do.

However, when it comes to Hebrews 6:18, the Bible said one thing is impossible with GOD and that is, GOD can never LIE. The scripture reads "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us."

Prior to the just concluded Nigerian Presidential elections, a lot of Christians became #prophets overnight, declaring how the Almighty GOD had told them that He has anointed the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan to win the elections. In fact, some of them boasted and declared that if Goodluck Jonathan failed to win the election, then it was not GOD that spoke to them. This they were saying with their perceived hearing from GOD that it was a foreclosed issue as far as the 2015 presidential elections were concerned.

Now that the table has turned against their supposed 'GOD told me' prophecy and General Buhari declared winner of the elections by INEC, against their firmed boasting that GOD told them so, would these brethren that turned prophets overnight truly say that they heard from the True Almighty GOD regarding the election results favouring Jonathan?

Remember, let all men be liars but GOD remained truthful. Romans 3:4 "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

If at all you must boasts, boasts in the LORD and in the power of His might, and not speaking your mind based on your favoured candidate and thereby turned it into 'GOD TOLD ME'. Psalms 34:2 "My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad."

For your information, GOD is NOT A POLITICIAN and would never dabbles into the politics of men as any power that be is of GOD, whether those held by Christians, Moslems, and others and He give it to whomsoever He will. Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him."

GOD bless you all.
Happy Easter Sunday.

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment